Paws and Effects day training is all about making your life easier. The concept is simple: we train your dog, one-on-one, at your house. We do the work, you get the benefits.
Day training – convenient, efficient and effective
We accommodate your schedule and come to your home – so you choose the time and place. Compare that to dog training classes, which require arranging your day around when they’re held. And then there’s the drive time. Paws and Effects’ day training lets you pick the time and place.
How Day Training Works
When you contact Paws and Effects:
1. We schedule a brief phone call and ask you a few questions about how you want your dog’s behavior to change
2. We come over for a 90-minute assessment session with you and your dog to observe her behavior at home and recommend a personalized training plan
3. Together we set up a training schedule based on your goals: we can train your dog while you’re out, or you can join us and learn the training techniques yourself
4. Depending on what behaviors we’re working on, we may stay indoors or take your dog for a walk around the neighborhood or a local park
5. We schedule periodic check-ins to demonstrate what your dog has learned and show you easy ways to maintain those better behaviors
Paws and Effects lessons build on each other, so your dog retains what she’s learned and makes rapid and steady progress toward the behavioral goals you’ve identified. The cost of the initial consultation is $150. We set our rates based on the type of training needed and the number of sessions required. Contact us to learn more about our services and rates or to start your dog’s training program.
What it is–and what it’s not
True separation anxiety is not simple naughtiness or your dog being mad at you for leaving him alone. Your dog is having a panic attack–he is in such a distressed emotional state that he cannot control his behavior.
The good news is that separation anxiety is treatable in most dogs. The bad news is that this is a very slow process, especially in the beginning, and many guardians get discouraged and give up.
Working with separation anxiety is different from typical obedience training or behavior modification programs. We use today’s technology–laptops, smartphones, webcams, Skype–to work with you and your dog, gradually desensitizing your dog to longer and longer absences.
To get started, please complete the Prospective Client Questionnaire. We will schedule a brief phone call to determine if we are the right fit for your needs.